- Mark 9:2-3: Jesus took Peter, James and John with him and led them up a high mountain, where they were all alone. There he was transfigured before them. His clothes became dazzling white, whiter than anyone in the world could bleach them.
- Col 1:15-20: The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
- 2 Cor 4:4: The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
- Heb 1:3: The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.
- 2 Thess 1:8-9: He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed.
- 1 John 1:4-5: In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
- Rev 1:13-17: Among the lampstands was someone like a son of man, dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance. When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead.
Now, let's take a step back from the Bible, and just think about our universe. Think about things that inspire you and fill you with awe. (In my case, this includes music, flowers, sunsets, stars, mountains, waterfalls, sapphires, rubies and emeralds, fireworks, beautiful women, friendship and maternal love.) Now consider the fact that God "dreamt up" all those things, like an incredibly creative artist. Also consider the fact that Jesus is infinitely greater, lovelier, more beautiful and more majestic than all of those things put together. Not only that, but this incredible Jesus humbled Himself and chose to go to the cross, in order to provide a way for sinners to be saved.
All I can say is, how absolutely wonderful Jesus is! How can anybody not love and adore Him?
Another amazing thing is that Jesus promises to share His glory with all those who truly repent and choose to follow Him! See for example these verses:
- Prov 4:18: The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.
- Dan 12:3: Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.
- Matt 13:43: [Jesus said:] "The righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father."
- John 17:22-23: [Jesus prays for the church:] "I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."
Rom 2:7: To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.
2 Cor 3:18: And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
Col 1:27: God was pleased to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.